Pages

Friday 18 December 2020

My 5 Christmas Wish List of 2020

 





Ahh it's almost a Christmas, a holiday season that everyone celebrating the most special festival over the decade. You see them setting up Christmas Trees filled with lights and bells, playing snowball fights, building up Snowman, decorating stuff in living room, singing Christmas songs, watching Christmas films, and finally Santa giving away to children and families with special gifts that been already wrapped up is what made this whole season so special.

I am looking forward to pick 5 of my video games that I'm adding it to my most wanted Christmas wish list that I wanted to get it on my Christmas holiday, but to keep you in mind that these are not the actual top 5s because this blog is about any 5 of these games that I might considering getting it on Christmas Day.

So without go further do, here is my 5 Christmas Wish List of 2020.



1 - Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4)


     

 As a massive fan of Yakuza series, one of the SEGA's non-stop action-brawling that was known for its fully-rich story written, memorable cast of characters, and insane amount of action-packed presentation and brutally fight sequences which is the reason why I loved this series so much. 
Starting off with the Yakuza 3 and 4 which are very first two Yakuza games that I ever played on my PS3 back in my early 2010s days and then I went into playing some later games on PS4 including Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and 2 (Remakes), and Remastered Collection. 

I wanted to get a hands on with the Yakuza 6: The Song of Life which is meant to be a final closure of your favourite original protagonist's saga leading the developer behind the whole series went to focus on entirely new adventure with completely new protagonist for recent game such as Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
I was hoping to look forward the last Yakuza game that I really needed to catch up with the final conclusion of Kiryu's saga, so I can able to move on with the entirely new Yakuza game that already came out this year.



2 - Project X Zone 2 (3DS)


                      










I'm a fan of the video games crossover series where you can bring your favourite characters, stories, settings, and universes from separate franchises to meet and interact with each other. 
I grew up playing the crossover titles such as Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, SEGA All-Stars Racing, Battletoads and Double Dragon - The Ultimate Team, and of course Super Smash Bros that brings out the most interesting things in video games, as much as the comic book company like Marvel and DC did a same with their own crossover series like Marvel's Avengers and DC's Justice League.

There's one of the game that catches my attention was Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS which is a turn-based RPGs title cross between the three companies such as SEGA, Capcom, and Namco had agreed to bring their characters of the different franchises in whole game.
You will have various of rosters such as Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter, Akira and Pai from Virtua Fighter, Jill, Chris and Leon from Resident Evil, Dante from Devil May Cry, Jin and Heihachi from Tekken, Kiryu and Majima from Yakuza, and many more playable units featuring in this game. 
The price of this game is quite a bit valuable at online stores such as Amazon and Ebay which cost almost between £50 to £60 (SPOILER ALERT!!!! I already got this copy in new condition for like £24 from Ebay...yeah, yeah I know it sounds like a cheating to include this on my wishlist, but oh well), so this is likely to become a future rarest 3DS game if the original price will likely go skyrocketed in later years.



3 - Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS)


   











The 3DS system is not been known for its own shooter libraries besides stuff like Capcom's Resident Evil Revelations is one exception as being the most impressive showcase of the 3DS standards, while Konami's Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D are also considered as a decent looking port of the PS2's original title, but not quite as smoother as the HD collection for PS3, X360, and PS Vita.
There's one of the game that had caught my interest was Nintendo's Kid Icarus Uprising for 3DS which is a game mixed with the both third-person and rail-shooter genre making a departure of the 2D action-platformer from the first original game for NES.

I did not expect Kid Icarus made a surprising return which took 26 years to make a new installiment for 3DS since the original NES title being released in 1986, but I gotta admit the character Pit was making a first appearance as the fighting roster in Super Smash Bros Brawl for Wii which came out 4 years way before this game released in 2012.               
I am curious to try out this game to see if its any good on the 3DS because I didn't had any of the proper shooter games on my 3DS collection except I had Capcom's Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D which is more of the average shooter title, while Nintendo's Codename Steam is just more of the tactical RPG focused than being the action-based style shooter.
I wanted to get my high hopes on this game which is the only shooter game on the 3DS library that I am considering it adding to my wishlist for this Christmas season.



4 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)





















Back in old days of 90s where Square Enix was responsible for their well known RPGs library such as the classics like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Romancing Saga, and of course their critically successful franchises such as Final Fantasy that everyone loves the series. 
It was known for its groundbreaking story presentation, memorable cast of characters, unique open-world design, orchestrated original soundtrack, and intelligent turn-based gameplay that made Final Fantasy the most influential RPGs series ever made by gaming press and fans. 

The most beloved 1997's title that became commercially successful on the PS1 is Final Fantasy VII which is the first FF game appeared on the PlayStation platform since the previous 6 games were made for mostly Nintendo consoles which is the reason why it really helped the sales of the Sony's first console as well as making the FFVII becoming a PS1's best-seller title worldwide.  
The legacy of FFVII had led the fan community demanding the company for the full remake of the original masterpiece which was already revealed in Sony's E3 2015 showing off the first teaser trailer of the FFVII remake had hyped the whole gaming fans worldwide. 
Square Enix had finally made the release of the remake for PS4 this year and I was looking forward to play this game that I been waiting this for many years to make it dreams come true.



5 - New Super Lucky's Tale (PS4)




When it comes with the classic-style 3D platformer similar to Super Mario 64, this game had caught my interest to play this kind of style that I wanted to add it on my wishlist which is New Super Lucky's Tale.
It is a traditional 3D platformer where you take control of adventurous fox named Lucky sets off his quest to rescue his older sister as well as restoring the book of ages to save the world from the mysterious villain.   

I was impressed with the actual gameplay demo of this game that is sorta reminds me of my childhood game like Super Mario 64 with similar-style gameplay, platforming segments, and overall level design.
I also heard the New Super Lucky's Tale is meant to be a expanded version of the original game featuring improved camera system, re-written story plot, re-designed graphics, and adding new remixed levels which brings a nice enhancement from the original, so I am very glad that the developer behind this game finally acknowledge the faults of the original game after receiving a feedback from the fans to solve the issue that was present in the original.
After playing the demo releases, I will definitely consider getting the full version on my PS4 because I love playing the platforming games. 



Honourable mention:
 
Doom Eternal (PS4)
Fist of the North Star: lost Paradise (PS4)
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's about time (PS4)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
Nier: Automata (PS4)
Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) 
Contra 4 (DS)
Aliens Infestation (DS) 


            
If you like my recent blog, please hit like and comment below for further questions.

This is Zeeshan Mirza's Blog and I'll see you next time, happy blogging and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.      
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment