Pages

Sunday 3 June 2012

Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 Review


Before I review this, let me talk about the history of Virtua Fighter series, I remember playing Virtua Fighter 2 on SEGA Saturn when I was the kid in 1997, I never played the first game which came out the arcade in 1993 before the 32x and Saturn release in 1995 but in my current age, I get to play it on SEGA Genesis emulator for PC, Virtua Fighter on 32x is ok'ay but the problem is the controls is sloppy and graphics looks more blocky than the arcade version on SEGA Model 1, so I've heard the improved version came on SEGA Saturn is Virtua Fighter Remix which features improved controls, better graphics and arrange music tracks which I never played it, the sequel came in 1996 is Virtua Fighter 2 on SEGA Saturn and became the top selling game which populazed the 3D fighting game genre and one of the best fighting game on Saturn it's because of the controls played better than the originals and better graphics design, so too bad my brother sold my SEGA Saturn because he getting Nintendo 64 for year christmas 1997, damn I'm missed the Saturn, lucky I've got it on SEGA Model 2 emulator which is good, back in 1999, Virtua Fighter 3 came out on SEGA Dreamcast and I did play it and what can I say about it, it's quite decent fighting game but it's not good as the second on Saturn but SEGA did a good job for Dreamcast, back in 2002, there is a Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2 which I never played it because I don't have a PS2 but the SEGA fans concidered the 4th installiment is way much more better than the previous Virtua Fighter, it's comes with awesome technique moves and combos styles which is quite new on the game, In 2007, Virtua Fighter 5 did came out on PS3 and X360.

So now I got this game on PS3, Virtua Fighter 5 came with 3 new characters, quest mode, learning a new techniques for combo moves and customising the characters outfits, the only problem is the PS3 did'nt have a online battles features which unlikely on X360 did have one, so I'm sure the updated version of this will came on june 5th as Final Showdown edition will proberly come on PSN and Xbox live Arcade with online features which is good to have it, ok'ay lets talk about the gameplay, the controls is played fantastic, the combos has brilliant combination moves when pressing the d-pad and buttons will makes the characters do something cool for their technique moves which is definely worked in this game, the graphics is beauifully well design for characters, stages and backgrounds which comes with better textures, smooth design and great animation, the music and the sounds effects is very good indeed, the special features will have a training mode, quest mode, customising the outfit, 2 players battles and unlocking the classic Virtua Fighter boss characters Dural.
so what can I say about this, here is my overall score.

Gameplay 9/10 - The controls is playing outstanding for combo moves and cool techniques styles.

Graphics 9/10 - Beauifully well Design for Characters, stages and the animation.

Music and Sounds 8.9/10 - Very good music and Sound effects.

Special Features 8/10 - It's includes the Training modes, quest modes, Customising the outfits, 2 player battles and Unlocking boss characters Dural.

Downside - No online features (unless you get the updated version on June 5th as the Final showdown edition or get it on original X360 version).

Overall 9/10 - Virtua Fighter 5 is the best on the series, I say it worth buy it for SEGA fans and gamers.          

No comments:

Post a Comment